Opportunities at ABCMC
There are no open positions at this time.
Opportunities at ABCMC Congregations
Note: These listings are provided as a courtesy to applicants and our ABCMC congregations. Please follow application directions in each posting, and direct any questions about a position to the contact person listed.
Organization: Federated Church of Wauconda (ABC-USA and UMC), 200 Barrington Road, Wauconda, IL 60084
Need: We are looking for a passionate worship director with an interest in developing vibrant, joyful worship experiences that are rooted in Christian history, to help direct a transition from our current traditional state to a blended service. Piano/Keyboarding skills are a must, other instruments a plus. Responsibilities include leading the Sunday morning worship service in collaboration with the Senior Pastor; accompanying and directing our Choir; and working with Senior Pastor, Youth Pastor, and Worship Committee in planning and development. Denominational affiliation not required. Our recorded worship services. Our worship bulletins.
Time Commitment: Sunday morning worship service, 9am-11am; Tuesday evening choir rehearsal, 7pm-8:30pm; monthly meeting with Worship Committee (2hrs); some weekly preparation time from home; additional services during holidays and Holy Week. One-year commitment.
Pay: Weekly rate, and we are willing to work with education institutions to meet internship/ordination requirements.
Contact: Submit resumé and optional audition recordings to the Federated Staff Parish Relations Committee at email@example.com.
North Shore Baptist Church is seeking a nursery worker to care for children during the hours of 9:15 am-12:45 pm on Sundays. Qualified applicants will be aged 18 or over and have prior experience working with children. If you are interested in applying, please review the job description (below), fill out the attached application, and send to the following address:
Attn: Rev. Kathryn Ray
Pastor of Discipleship
5244 N. Lakewood Ave
Chicago, IL 60640
Resume and cover letter are encouraged, but not required. Applications can also be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please call us at 773-728-4200.
The Church Nursery Worker/s shall:
1. Create and maintain a safe, nurturing environment for infants and young children and Sundays during the worship services and the education hour, demonstrating God’s love for each precious and unique child.
2. Work under the direction of Educational Ministry and its assigned pastor.
3. Communicate regularly with the Nursery Coordinator concerning the overall needs and progress of the Nursery program, including parent satisfaction, volunteer assistance, equipment needs, etc.
4. Welcome warmly all children and parents upon arrival, guiding them to use the sign-in sheets.
5. Foster a positive relationship with parents, communicating with them regarding any special needs, events during the morning, and their child’s adjustment to the nursery.
6. Attend promptly to children’s physical and emotional needs, i.e. runny nose, wet diapers, crying, etc.
7. Keep the children engaged in age-appropriate activities such as: coloring: listening to stories, playing with toys, and snack time.
8. Encourage children age 4 and over to go to the Beginner Class during the Adventures in Learning hour.
9. Watch for signs of illness (fever, vomiting, etc.) and notify parents to remove a sick child from the nursery.
10. Ensure that the nursery room is neat and clean (wash infant toys as necessary) at the end of each session.
11. Adhere to the guidelines of the NSBC Safe Church Policy at all times.